Wednesday, November 6, 2013

tongue twister

Tongue Twisters  it is a phrase or sentence which is hard to speak fast, usually because of alliteration or a sequence of nearly similar sounds. It helps develop speech skills & helps in speech therapy. 

To get the full effect of a tongue twister you should try to repeat it several times, as quickly as possible, without stumbling or mispronouncing.

*A good cook could cook as much cookies as a good cook who could cook cookies.
*I saw a saw that could out saw any other saw I ever saw.
*Do tongue twisters twist your tongue?   
Black bug bit a big black bear. But where is the big black bear that the big black bug bit
A big bug bit the little beetle but the little beetle bit the big bug back.
If you understand, say "understand"
If you don't understand, say "don't understand".
But if you understand and say "don't understand".
How do I understand that you understand? Understand!
I thought, I thought of thinking of thanking you.
*Betty bought butter but the butter was bitter, so Betty bought better butter to make the bitter butter better.  
I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish, but if you wish the wish the witch wishes, I won't wish the wish you wish to wish.
*A sailor went to sea To see, what he could see. And all he could see Was sea, sea, sea.
I thought a thought. But the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I thought.
If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn't have thought so much.
She sells sea shells on the sea shore she sells sea shells no more
The thirty-three thieves thought that they thrilled the throne throughout Thursday.
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
if Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
where the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?         
*Billy Button bought a buttered biscuit,did Billy Button buy a buttered biscuit?
If Billy Button bought a buttered biscuit, 
Where's the buttered biscuit Billy Button bought ??    
How much wood could a wood chopper chop, if a wood chopper could chop wood?
If a black bug bleeds black blood, what color blood does a blue bug bleed?

No comments:

Post a Comment